20060125

By Request: Faith of Our Fathers

A brief note to iTunes subscribers... be sure to check the site (http://www.freshpiano.com) from time to time. iTunes only shows blog postings with audio attachments, but I also post non-audio entries.

Today's hymn, in response to a listener request, is a delicate improvisation on Faith of Our Fathers. Henri Hemy (1818-1888) was kind enough to leave us this fine music, and Frederick Faber (1814-1863) penned the original lyrics.

Faith of our fathers, living still
In spite of dungeon, fire and sword
O how our hearts beat high with joy
Whenever we hear that glorious Word
Faith of our fathers, holy faith
We will be true to thee till death

Some of these hymns have been around a long time, and no doubt have changed countless lives. But the Faith has been around much longer, breaking down the barriers which once separated us from God and each other, and giving us the power to become eternal sons and daughters of God through Christ. I hope you'll contemplate the ancient faith as you listen today.

This song is the musical equivalent of a rough draft, but I like it, so I thought the PBJ community would like to hear it as well.

PBJ topped 250 subscribers recently! I can't thank all of you enough for listening, nor can I tell you enough how much I enjoy having you out there. If there is any way I can increase your musical enjoyment, please e-mail me. Also, I love to hear stories about how listeners are using my work in church, in their own media projects, etc. If you are putting my songs to work, please drop me a line.

Enjoy Faith of Our Fathers.

Click Here to Listen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home