20051209

Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring

Season's greetings, everyone. Today I'd like to continue my series of Christmas music with Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, by J.S. Bach (1685-1750). There is no shortage of arrangements of this holiday classic (you'll see 150 on iTunes!), both choral and instrumental. This one is 100% piano, and attempts to capture the simple beauty that lies at the core of the Piano by Joel style. This piece goes well with a cozy fire, a warm mug of your favorite beverage, or a snowy view from your window.

See you next time.

Click Here to Listen

3 Comments:

At 1:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks. I've been looking for a piano version of this song to see how it sounds on only piano for my wedding. glad you shared it online!

 
At 1:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did you do this song in "C"? It sounds weird in this key.
It was written to be played in "G".

Very beautiful rendition nevertheless.

God bless.

 
At 9:09 PM , Blogger Mason said...

Thank you SO MUCH. This has been a serious answer to prayer. I need to send you some cash for this. I'll try to e-mail you. - Key works great for me... :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home