20060115

Holy, Holy, Holy

Hi everyone, I am pleased to bring you the first piano rendition of the new year. This is an improvisation on the Holy, Holy, Holy, which I suspect many of you have sung either as a hymn or as a contemporary praise chorus. This tune is actually an old hymn, with music by John Dykes (1823-1876) and words by Reginald Heber (1783-1826.)

This particular arrangement is contemplative, and as with many of my works, I attempt to create a simple yet beautiful piece by varying the harmony and melodic lines.

Perhaps you would like to reflect on the lyrics of this hymn as the piano plays in the background. The words can probably be found in just about any hymnal, or elsewhere online. Powerful descriptions of God, with "cherubim and seraphim falling down before" him, make me think that a Person this unique and wonderful in the universe deserves far more of my attention, and a larger place in my life.

Thank you for listening, and enjoy the piece.

Holy, holy, holy
Lord God Almighty
Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee
Holy, holy, holy
merciful and mighty
God in three Persons
blessèd Trinity

Click Here to Listen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home