20060124

From the Studio

Hi all. I've been working on an arrangement of Faith of Our Fathers, so I'm writing this from the studio, to the tune of my latest improvisation. I like what I'm hearing so far, but I think it needs a bit more refining. When I arrange, I usually improvise on a song several times, during which I hope to gain a deeper understanding of the work. After a few times through, I start getting to know the song, and new possibilities begin to emerge. It's probably very much like meditation, only with music rather than scripture. Both allow someone to see things that they haven't seen before.

Well, the recording continues to play in the background. This version has it's rough spots, as does your pianist, I suppose, but it still has character. I'll consider releasing it. I just need to remind myself that this blog has never been about finished products.

Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home