20051221

Extreme Feedback Part II

Hello again, piano fans. I hope this season is all that you want it to be.

If you've been here a while, you've noticed that my tracks have some rough edges. This is because it takes me a while to polish an arrangement, as well as the recording of that arrangement, to a high shine. My real aim is to create music that connects with people, share musical ideas, and obtain feedback from listeners, not to create studio-quality work. Think of this blog as you would any other blog, except the purpose is to express musical ideas, rather than verbal ones.

A while ago I asked for some structured feedback, that is, to rate a song on a scale of 1-10, then tell me what it would take to make it a 10. This time, I need to hear from you on another subject. You see, I'm not quite sure how to classify my music, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not an original, as much as I would like to think so. So, whom do I sound like? Does my playing remind you of anyone else, or of a particular style? Please drop me a line (see "Contact Joel," below) or leave a comment (at the bottom of this post on http://joelcast.blogspot.com.)

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

2 Comments:

At 5:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings Maestro!! I would have to say that you sound a little like George Winston.

 
At 11:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say you sound like David Nevue at www.davidnevue.com

Check him out and you will see.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home