20061108

Wayfaring Stranger (By Request)

Good evening everybody. I'm in the studio tonight, and I'd like to offer up a rough draft of Wayfaring Stranger, which you may recognize as the old Negro spiritual. This recording features some of my new studio equipment and software, so you may hear a difference in the tone and quality of the sound. I hope you like it, but let me hear your feedback either way!

I've been reading Randy Alcorn's book, Money, Possessions, and Eternity (more info), which carries a much weightier, thought-provoking, perspective-changing message than indicated by the title. If you want to live in view of eternity, this book is a great place to start. I'm cognizant of the fact that none of these things that I'm surrounded by, including this instrument next to me, are going with me to the next world (but I hope for an instrument that cannot pass away!) Although I can't take my gear with me, I hope to use my music to bless you guys, so that there will either by some eternal value in what I do. At the very least, I can look forward to meeting many of you in your heavenly homes (Luke 16:9.)

I hope you'll meditate on the scripture below as you listen to Wayfaring Stranger. To those of you who also believe in Jesus Christ, remember that everything we "own" on earth is merely a rental!

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Hebrews 11:8-10

Click Here to Listen to Wayfaring Stranger (mp3)

1 Comments:

At 12:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Awesome song! Thank you so much for sharing your talent online.

In His Grace...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home