20050814

It is Well with My Soul: By Request

This is an improvisation on a well-loved hymn by Philip Bliss (1838-1876.) It's short and simple, but I hope you enjoy it. As with any song, there is more than one way to interpret it, so you can look forward to further arrangements. This hymn in particular has some definite possibilities.

I've been working on a fun rendition of an old children's favorite this weekend, but there's still at least one or two musical ideas that I want to include before releasing it. Stay tuned!

On a related note (ha), I started digitizing my old vinyl records this weekend, so that I can listen to them on the PC and on CD. If any of you have been wanting to do the same thing, I recommend the excellent, free Audacity software. I've had good experiences with it, and it offers quite a few features.

Have a good week. Hope to have a new original for your listening pleasure in a few days.

Click Here to Listen

View Entire Index of Songs and Scores
Vote and/or Leave Comments
Contact Joel
Link to Piano by Joel

4 Comments:

At 7:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joel. I recently got a Mac and just discovered your podcast today. I have enjoyed listening to your arrangements. They have an immediacy and intimacy that I find very refreshing. I look forward to hearing future arrangements. Thanks.

 
At 9:35 AM , Blogger Joel Rosenberger said...

Thank you, Jon. I try to post a new song weekly, so I hope you'll keep listening.

 
At 9:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Dr. Keys! Enjoyed it very much - and looking forward to many more times.

 
At 10:19 AM , Blogger Nick said...

Hi Joel,

My name is Nick Brady. I was searching for piano sheet music arrangements of the hymn, "It is Well With My Soul," and stumbled across your page. I have a request to make of you if it's not against your policies or not fitting for your schedule over the Christmas holiday. I just found out last night that my grandpa passed away unexpectedly, and his memorial arrangements are for this weekend. He loved this hymn, and loved to hear me play the piano, so I was wondering if there was any way that you could send me the sheet music for the beautiful arrangement you have posted. Please let me know ASAP if you get this. You can email me at thehonorabledropout@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home