20050806

Oh For a Thousand Tongues to Sing

Ever had feelings that words could not express? I think that Charles Wesley would have understood:

O for a thousand tongues to sing
My great Redeemer’s praise,
The glories of my God and King,
The triumphs of His grace!

My gracious Master and my God,
Assist me to proclaim,
To spread through all the earth abroad
The honors of Thy name.

This is someone who is so filled with joy and praise to God that he can barely contain himself. One voice is not nearly enough to express his praise. If he were a pianist, he would probably wish for a thousand fingers. That's the idea that this piano rendition attempts to capture.

Click Here to Listen

Oh For a Thousand Tongues to Sing
by Charles Wesley (1708-1788) music by Carl G. Gläser (1784-1829.)

View Entire Index of Songs and Scores
Vote and/or Leave Comments
Contact Joel
Link to Piano by Joel

4 Comments:

At 4:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! It sounds like you have a thousand fingers.

Keep playing and sharing.

 
At 6:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks very much! Your work is wonderful. I'll listen often it means alot. I found you on iTunes. God Bless

 
At 9:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was looking for an alternate setting for this hymn that we've sung in church; it's new to me and I think it's a Methodist one. Found this blog and your lovely rendition of the traditional tune that I know. FAB! Still looking for the other hymn tune, but what a lovely site to stumble onto! Thanks so much.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home