20050804

I am Thine O Lord

Let's do another hymn by W. Howard Doane (1832-1915) and Fanny Crosby (1820-1915.) I took some liberties with this one, so I hope you enjoy it. You can listen by clicking the link below.

I'm currently working on It is Well and Be Thou my Vision, which both appear to be in the public domain (I'm pretty sure the ancient Irish didn't copyright that melody.) Hopefully they will be ready soon, so keep checking back.

I picked up a microphone tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to use it as I become more experienced with electronic recording and publishing. In the near future, I would like to do occasional longer podcasts (maybe 15 minutes) with music and commentary.

A friend reminded me of the times in college when we all sat around the piano in the student center, playing whatever we could think up. My hope is that this tiny microcorner of the internet would somehow re-create that experience in some small way.

Click Here to Listen

View Entire Index of Songs and Scores
Vote and/or Leave Comments
Contact Joel
Link to Piano by Joel

2 Comments:

At 12:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joel,
I was forwarded this link and am totally in awe of your talent. I could listen to you play for hours.

I would love to hear you play "Great is the Lord".

Shelba Mitchell

 
At 3:40 PM , Blogger Joel Rosenberger said...

I'm sure Great is the Lord is copyrighted, but I'd be happy to do it. Just let me look into getting the appropriate permission.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home