20050811

Be Thou my Vision: By Request

Note: The score to this piece is now available as well. Please see this post.

Welcome back. Today's song is Be Thou my Vision by Eleanor Hull, written to the tune of an ancient Irish melody. This is played in a more modern style, but I'd like to think about how to capture more of a Celtic flavor in a future release.

I want to let everyone know how much I appreciate you for listening! You are always welcome to post comments and requests. This is, after all, a bunch of friends sitting around a piano.

Remember that you are also free to download, copy, excerpt, and distribute these recordings as much as you would like. The Creative Commons license (click the graphic below for more information) only requires that you attribute the work, and obtain permission for commercial use. So go ahead. Burn a CD. Burn two. Give them to your friends. Enjoy.

Now for today's selection.

Click Here to Listen

View Entire Index of Songs and Scores
Vote and/or Leave Comments
Contact Joel
Link to Piano by Joel

3 Comments:

At 6:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I close my eyes as I listen and it takes me back to that piano and the friends who sat around it.

I first met Joel sitting at that piano.


Joel, some day we'll need to get you back to GR so that we can sit down and recreate some of those memories.

David.

 
At 4:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful song I would say. First heard it when I attend the sunday mass in my Parish Church. I am looking for the complete version but I do not know who is the singer and where can I download the complete version? Can any kind soul out there enlighten me? Thanks a lot!

In Christo
Jo
Kindly reply to josephyeow.ht@gmail.com

 
At 10:07 AM , Anonymous Spencer Hatch said...

Much appreciated. I enjoy this arrangement and will be playing it soon for our congregation! Many, many thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home