20050823

In the Garden: By Request

Once again we take the piano outside (minus rain, see this post) for an original rendition of the classic, In the Garden by Charles Austin Miles (1868-1946.) The sound effects remind me of the trip I took to the local nature center this weekend (minus piano.) Listen carefully for the wind chimes.

Thank you again for posting comments. I really want this to be an interactive experience, so I am always happy to hear from listeners.

The bird songs are by Peter Barker, and the wind chimes are by mRk. You can find free sound effects at flashkit.com.

Click Here to Listen

View Entire Index of Songs and Scores
Vote and/or Leave Comments
Contact Joel
Link to Piano by Joel

1 Comments:

At 3:47 PM , Blogger Joel Rosenberger said...

Ok, I got a suggestion for less birds in the middle. I actually fade the birds out quite a bit in the center, but maybe I'll try gradually fading to nothing, then fade back in toward the end. Although my goal is to suggest a garden setting, I don't want it to detract from any part of the piece.
I'll experiment. If I like what I hear, I'll republish it under a new post. (Try that with an album!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home