20050922

O Love that will not Let Me Go

Some of you may know this one, sung to the tune, St. Margaret by Albert Peace (1844-1912.) This is the first verse, penned by George Matheson (1842-1906):

O Love that wilt not let me go
I rest my weary soul in thee
I give thee back the life I owe
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.

I like this melody so much, as well as the theme of the song, that I feel that this rendition does not do it justice. I may need to revisit this hymn at some point.

Anyway, turn down the lights, light some candles, and enjoy O Love that Will Not Let Me Go.

Click Here to Listen

The ocean sound effect is by Chris Taylor, and available from http://www.flashkit.com.

View Entire Index of Songs and Scores
Vote and/or Leave Comments
Contact Joel
Link to Piano by Joel

3 Comments:

At 1:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent music. What type of instrument are you using? Electronic/Synth?

Beautiful and relaxing, thanks!

 
At 10:14 PM , Blogger Joel Rosenberger said...

Thank you, you're very kind. I use a Yamaha PSR-GX76 keyboard, which has 76 unweighted keys, but what I think is a nice sound.

 
At 9:50 AM , Blogger Masked Rabbit said...

Thank you for this. A friend recommended it to me and it was beautiful, played with feeling.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home