20071115

Ancient Sunrise, a really short duduk experiment

This very short piece (30 seconds) features an electronically sampled Armenian duduk, which has a haunting sound with an almost human quality. I was playing around with the sound and some techniques one day, and I liked the result, so here it is for you to enjoy (or not...)

I think this is my first podcast episode with no recorded piano, whatsoever. Don't worry, I'm not giving up on the ivories, just exploring (always exploring) new ways to interpret old hymns.

Click Here to Listen

2 Comments:

At 10:46 AM , Blogger Gary Petersen said...

Hello Joel. The link to the clip is missing the 3 on the end of the file extension. (Should be .MP3, is .MP).

Gary

 
At 10:09 PM , Blogger Joel Rosenberger said...

Oops! Thank you so much, that's fixed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home